Willie McGinest may be best known as a dominating linebacker for the New England Patriots during 3 of their Superbowl titles, however he has gone on to new heights with various business ventures. Willie has always been interested in business ownership and began exploring these ideas, especially franchise ownership, during his NFL days.
Today Willie is the head of his own entertainment company, 55 Entertainment and his foundation the “Willie McGinest Foundation”. He is also a franchise owner in Wingstop and Swirls and previously owned a Baskin-Robbins. Willie talks about his experiences with business ownership and how young athletes today should prepare themselves for life outside of sports in the interview below…
You can find out more about Willie at WillieMcGinest.com or follow him on twitter @WillieMcGinest.
Questions in the interview:
- What led you to get into the franchise business after football?
- What led you into specifically the restaurant industry?
- How did you put a team together to help support your business while you were on the field?
- There have been so many publicized athlete blunders with bad investments and poor business decisions, how did you go about finding your business partners?
- What would you suggest to some young athletes today who are looking to get into business?
- Have you used your celebrity status in anyway to help promote the companies?
- Are you really hands on with the businesses?
- Can you tell everyone about the Willie McGinest Foundation?
- What’s next for you?
- A quick roundup of reader submitted questions…