Do you actually need a website for your Amazon FBA business?
The truth is, every brand needs a website. Once your products are doing well and you are looking to expand, having a website can be beneficial in many ways. Here are a few examples:
- A website allows you to tell your brand’s story and distinguish yourself from the competition.
- Having your own website will allow you access to your customer data, collect their emails, and re-market to them later on.
- If you’re advertising off Amazon (Adwords, Influencers, Facebook, etc.), you’ll have more control and be able to properly track everything.
- If you have your own site, you won’t have to pay all of the Amazon FBA fees that come along with selling on the platform. However, don’t forget that Amazon is doing plenty of the heavy lifting with the fulfillment and bringing customers.
So, if you’re looking to drive traffic to your Amazon FBA products, you should definitely consider building a website. Building a great site requires some cash and a bit of enthusiasm, but most of all, it requires time and action.
The following are five basic steps to building a traffic-generating website for your Amazon FBA Business.
1. Set Up a Basic Website
The process of setting up a website involves several steps: buying web hosting, choosing a good and cheap domain name, installing a CMS like WordPress, and choosing a theme. This might seem time consuming, but the good news is you don’t have to be a professional web developer in order to pull it off.
2. Conduct Keyword Research
For your keyword research, you can use tools like SEMRush or Ahrefs but in order for this process to be successful, you need to know who your target market is.
Your keywords need to resonate with your target customers, which means you need to know what they are searching for. Since you are probably aware of what types of products they are interested in, you can start with researching long-tail keywords related to those products.
3. Plan and Create Content for the Chosen Keywords
If you want to create a website for your Amazon FBA business that drives traffic, you need to take advantage of SEO. However, SEO is much more than just taking your selected keyword and distributing it throughout your content.
When it comes to planning and creating content that drives traffic, you need to have a clear plan. Here are some things you need to focus on:
- Which keywords do you consider to be primary and which ones secondary?
- Which products would you like to promote or mention in your articles?
- How long will your articles be?
- What will your brand sound like, i.e. what will your tone of voice be?
- What internal and external link targets will your articles link to and what anchor texts should be used?
- What are your competitors doing?
Knowing all these things will help you create high-quality content that increases your visibility in search engines, drives traffic to your website, and ultimately, increases your sales.
4. Publish Your Content
Once your content is written, it’s time to publish it on your blog. Don’t forget to follow good SEO practices (internal and external linking, title tags, meta descriptions, etc.) and include optimized images (metadata and file size).
After publishing, you will need to submit the content to the Google index and share it on your social media profiles. Even though you might not be expecting traffic from sharing on social platforms, the focus here is on showing search engines that you exist in places other than your own site.
5. Be Mobile-Friendly
Last but not the least, make sure that your site is mobile-friendly. Smartphones have become a regular occurrence in our everyday lives. Mobile internet usage surpassed desktop usage back in 2016 and today, about half of all web traffic (57%) is done on mobile devices.
This means that you need to think about what kind of experience you are giving these visitors. Your competitors have probably already optimized their websites for mobile devices and you should too. On top of that, you’re risking losing customers – more than 55% of people won’t recommend you to others if your mobile site is poorly designed.
One of the best things about having a mobile-friendly site is that you can reach a wider audience. Responsive sites make online sharing simple, so your visitors are more likely to share on their social platforms. Not to mention, having a responsive site is a free way to rank better on search engines!
Having a website for your Amazon FBA products is the next step and you should seriously consider it. It will allow you to humanize your brand, help your customers distinguish you from the competition, and enable you to get a database of your customers. You will also be able to sell on your own site and avoid the high commission from Amazon.
Fortunately, creating a high-traffic FBA website is easy and inexpensive to do nowadays; just make sure to set your eyes on the long term vision for your branding.