If you’re a hip-hop fan, then you’re undoubtedly familiar with Travis Scott. This chart-topping artist has amassed a net worth of millions, and his music is enjoyed by fans worldwide. And as his fame continues to grow, so too does his fortune. This blog post will detail everything you need to know about Travis Scott’s net worth, story, career highlights, earnings, and assets. So, if you’re curious about the rapper’s life and career, read on!
Travis Scott is a rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who has been making waves in the music industry for years now. Born in Houston, TX, he gained recognition for his unique and dark music. His 2017 album Astroworld was a huge success, with critics calling it one of the best albums of the decade so far.
Scott was born on April 30, 1992. His birth name was Jacques Bermon Webster II, but he is popular with his stage name, Travis Scott. He spent his early years living with his grandmother while his father ran his own business and his mother worked for Apple.
Travis enrolled at the University of Texas at San Antonio but dropped out to pursue a career in music.
Travis Scott grew up watching rap videos from P.Diddy and Mase in the late 90s, which piqued his interest in music. Scott started making beats at 17 and even released his EP The Graduates in 2009 on MySpace.
However, he first gained recognition in 2013 with the release of his first album Owl Pharaoh, gathering the attention of music industry insiders.
His second album, Days Before Rodeo (2014), was also successful; it became his second highest-charting single on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
In May 2018, Travis Scott released Astroworld, which debuted at number one on the Billboard charts. The album has been described as a hip-hop soul masterpiece that blends elements of funk and electronic music with rap lyrics about high life experiences such as parties and drugs.
It was the same album that Travis Scott was performing on at the Astroworld Festival in 2021 when the tragic mass shooting incident occurred, leaving nine dead and many injured.
Currently, Scott is working on a new album called Utopia, which is all set to release on November 4, 2022.
Travis Scott has had an illustrious career thus far. Born and raised in Houston, he started as a rapper before branching into other music genres.
- 2012: Scott Travis was kicked out of his parent’s house and was financially cut off. He then decided to travel between Houston, LA, and New York and lived as a couch-surfer at friends’ houses. It was then that his song “Lights (Love Sick)” was noticed by T.I., who asked for a meeting, resulting in Scott being signed to Grand Hustle.
- 2013: was the year of exponential growth for Travis Scott. His first solo album Owl Pharoah launched, surpassing previously held records. In the same year, Scott was also featured on the cover of XXL Magazine, which boosted his profile significantly.
- 2014: Travis got his first Grammy Nomination for the best rap song, “New Slaves” – a Kanye West song on which he worked as a writer.
- 2016: Scott released Birds in The Trap, his first number one album on the US Billboard 200.
- 2018: This was another big year for Travis. His daughter Stormi was born, he got several Grammy nominations, and he released his career’s biggest album Astroworld, which charted at #1 on the US Billboard.
- 2019: This was the year when Traviss got his own documentary on Netflix – Look Mom I Can Fly, showing the clips from his childhood till the birth of his daughter, Stormi.
- 2020: Travis held his first VR concert through Fortnite. Travis’ avatar performed a 10-minute concert on over 12 million players. Over the next three days, over 27 million Fortnite players watched the concert 45.8 million times.
- 2021: Travis worked with Nike to launch several sneakers, including Air Max 1, Air Jordan 1 Low, and Air Trainer 1.
Travis Scott’s Net Worth and Assets
As of 2022, Travis Scott’s net worth is estimated to be 65 million dollars from his music career and business ventures. This makes him one of the richest rappers in the world and one of the most successful hip-hop artists of all time.
He made $20 million from touring, endorsements, and record sales between 2017 and 2018.
Between 2019-20 alone, Travis raked in $60 million. Moreover, his Astroworld tour earned $65 million, but it is unclear how much he got due to lawsuits.
Travis Scott also has various assets, including real estate, cars, businesses, and stocks.
He paid $414 million in 2019 for a 12,000-square-foot home in Houston, his hometown. Moreover, he paid $23.5 million for a mansion high up in the Brentwood Hills in L.A.
While making that purchase, he still had co-ownership of a $13.5 million mansion located near Beverly Hills with his ex-girlfriend Kylie Jenner. He also got the property next to his Brentwood home in 2021 for $6 million.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are some of the other artists that Travis Scott has collaborated with?
Travis Scott has collaborated with many other artists. These include Kayne West, Big Sean, Pusha T, John Legend, Meek Mill, Rick Ross, and so on.
Where does Travis Scott spend his money?
Travis Scott spends most of his money on clothes, cars, and music.
How did Travis Scott become so rich?
Travis Scott became rich because of his success in music and collaborations with various businesses, including Nike and McDonald’s.
Travis Scott is an artist of a different kind. With his unique style of music, Travis Scott has managed to create a net worth of $65 million. Plus, don’t forget about his fans worldwide.