Should I Quit My Job?

by / ⠀Blog Podcast / June 26, 2022
location rebel

location 180Should I quit my job and start a business? This is the question I asked myself, and finally answered. Here is my story, and interview with digital nomad, Sean Ogle.

Should I Quit My Job?

“Currently doing the stuff most people just talk about doing…”

In this week’s interview digital nomad & location rebel Sean Ogle (@seanogle) tells us how he built two successful businesses, created an incredible community of lifestyle entrepreneurs and traveled the world since quitting his job in 2009.

Sean’s Site

Sean’s site, Location180, specializes in helping people achieve two main goals:

  1. Building a business you can run from anywhere on Earth
  2. Living a life worth writing about

Topics of Conversation

Our conversation covered a wide range of topics that included:

  • Why people fail and how to hold yourself accountable.
  • Trigger habits.  Do you know how to use them?
  • Finding out what you like to do and building your business around that.

We learn Sean’s secrets to rituals, discipline and creating positive work habits from an all around regular dude who doesn’t even like to work that much…

Quotable Gems:

  • “There is nothing solo about being a solopreneur. You have to find those people to lean on for support and accountability. The people that are successful, are the people that have found that supportive community.”
  • “I’ve figured out the things I want to do and I’m trying to build my life and business around that.”
  • “It’s all about figuring out, by being really honest with yourself, whats important to you and then trying to make decisions around that.”
  • “If I can trigger 1 healthy habit, it will trigger positive changes for the rest of the day.”
  • “Because we’re trained to think we have to work 8 hours every single day, thats what we do, even when were not being productive we’ll still sit at our computer. I’d rather take a shorter day and a shorter burst of work where I’ll be very productive and enjoy all that time that I would spend cruising Facebook or Youtube.”
  • “With every small win, the habit builds, and the more it builds, the more I want to be productive.”
  • “I always try to nail those first habits, because that sets up my success for the rest of the day.”
  • “What’s the absolute worst that can happen & what are the odds of that actually happening? Chances are the worst case scenario is not that bad & chances of the worst case scenario actually happening are actually slim to none.”
  • “Most people will choose unhappiness over uncertainty. Embrace that uncertainty! It’s where a lot of entrepreneurs thrive.”
  • “For 95% of people uncertainty is this huge debilitating thing, and for the other 5% they turn it into their greatest asset”

Listen in here:


Related Post: Millennial Memes: Should I Quit?

About The Author

Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson is Co-Founder of Under30Experiences, a travel company for young people ages 21-35. He is the original Co-founder of Under30CEO (Acquired 2016). Matt is the Host of the Live Different Podcast and has 50+ Five Star iTunes Ratings on Health, Fitness, Business and Travel. He brings a unique, uncensored approach to his interviews and writing. His work is published on, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, Huffington Post, Reuters, and many others. Matt hosts yoga and fitness retreats in his free time and buys all his food from an organic farm in the jungle of Costa Rica where he lives. He is a shareholder of the Green Bay Packers.