Getting a job promotion can be an exciting moment in your life. It can mean new pay, benefits, and opportunities. You of course want to share your accomplishment with coworkers and loved ones. But, did you know that sharing that new promotion can have benefits? On LinkedIn, a website that is dedicated to jobs and job-searching, you can add your promotion to your profile. This article is to inform you why you should add your promotion to your LinkedIn profile.
Why Share My Promotion on LinkedIn?
There are several good reasons as to why you should add your promotions to your LinkedIn profile.
To begin, it allows you to keep your profile up to date. This can be important if you want to share your resume with others. You don’t want to forget important things like promotions in your resume or your profile.
Also, for those seeking out new employees, sharing your promotion may get them to notice you. These employers can then read your profile and they may even extend a handout as an invitation to join them.
Plus, it is always nice to get compliments and affirmations from friends and coworkers. This can reinforce your belief that you are able to accomplish your goals. Never forget that!
When Do You Share Your Promotion?
Once you learn that you have gotten the promotion, you can put it on your LinkedIn file. But, it also depends on the company as well. For instance, if you are told that you got the promotion before it is announced to the rest of the company, it is best to hold off on putting it onto your profile.
It also does not hurt to ask your superiors if you can put the promotion onto your LinkedIn profile. But, that can be decided for you. Just make sure that you don’t put the promotion on your LinkedIn until you officially got it and that you are allowed to.
How to Add a Promotion on LinkedIn
The great thing about LinkedIn is that it is an easy-to-use website and it does not take a lot of effort to put in your promotion. Here is how to add the promotion.
- First, you need to go to the website and log into your account.
- Then click on the icon that says “Me” in the top right corner of the webpage and click on “View Profile”
- From there, head down to your current job and click on the pencil icon in the top right corner of the “Experience” section.
- Then, add your promotion and include any details that may be needed.
- If you want others to see your success, click the “Share with Network”.
- Click “Save”
Now, you may have the LinkedIn mobile app and so, here is how to add your promotion from your phone!
- Log into your account on the LinkedIn app.
- Tap on your profile picture and click on “View Profile”
- Scroll to Experiences and click on the pencil icon.
- On the position, you wish to edit, click the pencil icon again.
- Make the necessary changes.
- Toggle the option for others to see your promotion if you wish.
- Click Save
That is all you need to know about how to put your promotion onto your LinkedIn profile. It is an easy process and quick to do.
Getting a promotion is a great part of working. You get the credit and praise that you deserve and you get new added benefits to your job. However, a promotion can also mean more work and responsibility as well. Be sure that you are up to the task!